Wednesday 28 September 2016

Review: September Tokyo Treat Box

I love this time of the month when I receive a message of my mum saying my box has come especially after watching other people get they're boxes early it gets me super excited for my own.


Now my August box came super quick when usually it takes the full allotted time to come and this box came on the 17th September so still pretty early but not as early as last month.

So as mentioned in my previous post which you can read here I mentioned this months theme because I was so excited I couldn't contain my excitement. This month they have done a special Mirai Suenaga x Tokyo Treat V Pokemon theme which is really great because Tokyo Treat for the first time have made 3 exclusive treats for the box the only downside to this is you get one or the other so you will either get the Pokemon snacks or the Tokyo Treat snacks when a lot of people would have preferred a mixture of the two (I know I did).



Now I know I said last months was my favourite box but at the moment this one is by far because it was full of Ramune candies and a Ramuna drink. I just love this flavour so much at the moment and wish I could get more of it in the UK.

I do love the little booklets that they include within the boxes they are full of lots of information about the snacks within the box and also about how you can spend your time in September in Japan.



Items Received:
This time instead of writing in"Italic" what the products are as mentioned in the little book provided I will just give my own comments along with pictures and a rating out of 5 so here goes ...

Mystery Yume Twins Item (5/5)
Any bonus free item is great especially when it is stationary. This cute little note book has two different styles of paper inside. I love the cafe theme with the little characters and drinks.

Chocolate Umaibo (5/5)
Anything that is Chocolate is a big hit with me and after having a similar item but in stick form a few boxes ago I was glad to see these back in bite size form and they were delicious. Its hard to describe the texture but they are kind of like a puff style and felt like there was a melted chocolate in the middle.

Super Sour Lemon Gum (5/5)
WOW super sour for sure! I love sour stuff and this lemon gum was super sour for sure defiantly made my taste buds tingle. The lemon taste didn't last that long but then I find that with most gums but the initial flavour was yum!

Moguchuu Strawberry Soft Candy (3/5)
Who doesn't love soft candy? But I have to say I've had nicer strawberry chews by Hi-Chew and Pucca which have the little chewy bits inside as well. 

Crazy Cola Ramune Candy (10/5)
RAMUNE CANDY!!!! This has to be the best stuff out of the box because once its been sucked on and then bitten it starts to foam and not just a pathetic foam but crazy out of your mouth foam!


Pakkucho Disney Character Biscuits (10/5)
First ever Disney item in my box since I've been subscribed and its super cute little chocolate biscuits with loads of different Disney Characters on them. There is so many its awesome and I've seen even more that I didn't have in my box online. The chocolate inside was so creamy and there was lots of it.


Yakisoba Sauce Flavoured Corn Puffs (5/5)
So this box was full of crisp type snacks this month which pleases me as I love crisp and trying new flavours as well. Now I've never had Yakisoba before and I'm not really sure what it is I imagine some sauce or seasoning I should really google it. These were a simple corn puff snack with flavouring which tasted yummy!

Easy to Make Soft Candy Ice Cream Bars DIY Kit (5/5)
Woo another DIY Kit that I totally didn't suck at haha! It was simple If I had I would have been ashamed with myself even though It was simple it tasted amazing a bit Ramune flavoured due to the sauce that comes with it so a win win for me.

Japanese Corn Potage Snack (10/5)
Now these were the BEST!!! I have never had Potage or anything Potage flavoured but these were amazing and tasted so good. They are another corn puff type snack and kind of shaped to look like potatoes and kind of just melted in your mouth. The little designs on the packet are so cute.

Maple Butter Beer Ramune (10/5)
Told you this box was bursting with Ramune candy and this one was extra amazing with the Harry Potter theme and flavouring. Now I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to like this as the butter beer drink at the studios made me sick but this was actually amazing and I would love some more as it didn't last long!

Sour Plum Pretzel Sticks (0/0)
I am not even scoring these! They were awful! The taste was just overall sour and mixed with the plum it didn't leave a very nice after taste.

Kuppy Ramune (5/5)
How cute are these? The packaging for this is so kawaii and plus its free from 7 different things meaning that everyone can have it if they are allergic to the following ...
I have to say it didn't taste like your normal Ramune candy but it did still taste yummy.

Mirai Suenaga x Tokyo Treat Jelly (1/5)
Now this is one of the 3 special collaboration items that were made by Tokyo Treat but I have to say I wasn't really that bothered by this one I didn't like the texture or flavour sorry guys!

Mirai Suenaga x Tokyo Treat Ramune Soda (10/5)
Now I only tried Ramune Soda for the first time back in July when I was at Hyper Japan and we brought Blueberry and Strawberry flavoured and they were amazing but now after trying this I wish I just stuck to original as oh my its amazing! I love the glass bottles with the marbles in they're so unique. 

Mirai Suenaga x Tokyo Treat Chocolate Crackers (5/5)
Now this is the 3rd special item by Tokyo Treat and these were essentially chocolate covered crackers they were in the shape of like a banana and they had a slightly spicy taste to them but were really nice. The packaging on all of these 3 items are really and super cute. 

Chip Star Savory Shrimp (5/5)
More crisps you say? Told you this box was full of them and I am delighted these were like the UK Pringles and these are Shrimp flavoured although when you first taste them you are like ok these don't really taste of shrimp but after a little bit the flavour kicks in and I actually really liked them.

So as you can see from all my scoring this box was a really good one with lots of crisps and ramune flavoured treats. Only thing I wished was that the special items were mixed up and you got one of the Pokemon bits as well as the collaboration items but other than that another great box.

Next months box is Halloween/Autumn flavours which I am excited to try!

You can read my other Tokyo Treat box reviews for MarchAprilJune  and August here:)

Thanks for reading. I purchased with my own money and I was NOT paid to review this by Tokyo Treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment