Saturday 13 August 2016

Review: August Tokyo Treat Box

Hey guys and welcome back to another Tokyo Treat review box and this months box is going to be August's. Now after messing about and skipping a month to get another Yume Twins box I decided that moving forward I am going to stick with the snack box only.


It's not that Yume Twins isn't a great box but it just wasn't for me and I wish I had made that choice before I missed out on the July box as from what I have seen it was an amazing box.

So at the moment they have a special $5 off voucher to be used on any of they're subscription boxes and it is for life and available to anyone who is currently subscribed as well all you have to do is drop them an email. Its great because it now means the premium box is going to cost me £23 rather than £27/£28 with the exchange rate at the moment.


This also introduces the theme for the September box and with Pokemon being so popular at the moment with the release of Pokemon Go they have decided to a Pokemon theme cross with Danny Choo the creator of Mirai Suenaga to produce original exclusive snacks which shall be interesting.


Now moving on to this months box with it being summer they have chose to do a Tropical Fruits theme and the premium drink being Watermelon and Salt Fanta which I have been very excited to try.


Items Received:
This time instead of writing in"Italic" what the products are as mentioned in the little book provided I will just give my own comments along with pictures and a rating out of 5 so here goes ...

Torotto Chocolate Mango Flavour (5/5)
Now these were AMAZING! Like little baked brownie bits with a mango flavouring the smell was so over powering when you opened the packet. You get 9 little small cubes which just weren't enough there needed to be more! The texture is a little odd but yummy all the same.

Mugipon Milk Coffee Chocolate Flavour (3/5)
Now this snack apparently you can eat as a cereal as well but i opted to just eat it as a normal snack. It reminds me a lot of Sugar Puffs here in the UK the way they look when you open the packet but I can see they are trying to make it look like coffee beans. I wouldn't really say these tasted of coffee or chocolate or coffee. 

Watermelon Flavour Gummy (5/5)
I love these they're just cute simple watermelon shaped gummies. Now when you open the packet the smell is very over powering but they just have a subtle melon taste plus they just look so cute and so does the packet with the little polar bear in a watermelon hat! 

Potato Chips Summer Version Wasabi Flavour (10/5)
Yes haha I have rated these way over the 5 mark because there is just something about Japanese chips and they're all just amazing but these were spectacularly amazing the Wasabi wasn't too over powering but was enough of a kick. 

Pretz Honey Roast Flavour (5/5)
I have never tried any of the Pretz range before so this was my first time essentially they are just Pocky but with no chocolate. They tasted really yummy and I kept thinking they were a roasted honey ham flavour rather than just homey itself.

Dodotto Tsubupyon Grape Flavour DIY Kit (0/5)
Now I have given this a 0 because by now you should know I don't like DIY Kits its not because they're not cool they just never ever work for me hah!

Seven Stick Milk Chocolate (5/5)
Little thin wafer sticks filled with a yummy creamy white chocolate they reminded me of the taste of ice cream but also those Milky Way Cripsy Rolls you can get over here. These didn't last long thats for sure!

Pachi Pachi Panic Poppin Candy Grape Flavour (5/5)
We had some popping candy in another box a few months back and it was plum flavour which was awful but these one was grape with these weird added extra bits in which made it taste amazing. Says what is does in the name ;)

Jibanyan Chocolate Monaka (4/5)
A giant wafer filled with chocolate, I have been waiting to try one after missing a few that came with previous boxes. Shaped like Jibanyan from Yo-Kai Watch.

Watermelon Flavour Chewing Gum (1/5)
Not to fussed on chewing gum if I am honest and this didn't really taste too much like watermelon really it had quite a horrible after taste.

Chocobi Watermelon Flavour (3/5)
Simple pink star shaped watermelon flavoured biscuits really, they weren't over powering and had a very sweet wouldn't say they tasted too much like watermelon really. The packaging is cute and it came with two little stickers inside. 

Pokemon Plate Key Chain (3/5)
With the popular release of Pokemon Go they decided to include as a specail item a Pokemon key chain only issue is I don't know any of the new pokemon so this was a bit wasted on me. I'm a first gen girl at heart!

Watermelon Salt Fanta (+5/5)
Another special item this month and a limited edition drink that is only available this summer in Japan and its watermelon and salt which sounds really odd but it works it helps make the drink not so overpowering and more refreshing. It has a cute pale pink colour and tastes quite sweet but not to much of watermelon.

Hoppechan Gummy Cherryblossom Flavour (5/5)
Cherryblossom gummies? Win win here any day for me I love gummy sweets and especially this flavour. The packaging is really cute like a little handbag which you open from the back so it still looks like a handbag still once open. Even though the packet it is very small you get loads inside as the gummies are really small.

Rice Cracker with Plum Hame (0/5)
So I have seen these in previous boxes and maybe if it was another flavour it would have taste nice but the plum jam was AWFUL! So bitter alone and on the crackers so I decided I would just eat the crackers alone instead haha.

Rusk Snacks (5/5)
YUM YUM YUM! These smelt amazing as soon as you opened the packet just milky and creamy. They are little biscuits with a sugary coating that just melt in your mouth and taste like milk which is a big give away from the cute milk bottle on the front. 

Overall this months box was GREAT with loads of 5 out of 5 snacks that I really want to get my hands on again especially the Rusk Snacks and Wasabi Chips. By the looks of what I am reading next months box for September looks incredible!


You can read my other Tokyo Treat box reviews for MarchApril and June here:)

Thanks for reading. I purchased with my own money and I was NOT paid to review this by Tokyo Treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment