Thursday 29 March 2018

Tokyo Plans: Tokyo DisneySea and Overview

Planning Disney Days is literally the best thing ever and since the moment Joel agreed we could visit Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea I’ve been constantly researching and making notes on what I want to do while I’m there. Rather than make this a wordy long post I’ve decided to split it in to two for each park day.


I’m going to be visiting the parks during the 35th Anniversary as well as the Christmas season. These posts will detail a variation of things that I want to try and do on my days in the parks, but they won’t include any of the Christmas activities because we go right at the beginning of the season it will be too late for me to post these before I go so I’ll detail all the Christmas festivities in my trip report unless the information is released in October then I may do an updated post.

As the Christmas season begins on the 8th November it works out that we would have to miss one of the parks Christmas events, so I opted to do Tokyo DisneySea first on the 7th as I really want to see all the parades in the main park. We could have moved the Disney Days to the 8th and 9th but looking at the crowd calendar it worked more in our favour to do the 7th and 8th plus Joel really wants to get these done out of the way (boo hoo) but in a way works better for me because it means I don't have to hold on to lots of spending money for later in the trip.

Overview:
Me being me I love to plan everything, and I have pretty much done so with my day at Tokyo DisneySea when it comes down to the snacks I want to eat and what rides I want to try and do but other than that I’m not going to do it in any particular order.

With Tokyo DisneySea being such a unique park and there being nothing else like it in the Disney world I want to take in each area of the park, take photos, try all the snacks without feeling like I’m running here there and everywhere. There are a few rides I would definitely like to do and some characters I would love to meet if they’re out, but it is literally going to be however the day takes me.

Snacks:
From the moment I saw my friends Toy Story alien Mochi was the moment I knew Tokyo Disneyland were going to have some amazing snacks on offer to try. After watching so many vlogs of people trying snacks and reading peoples blogs I have come up with a list of my own that I want to try. Some of them may not be on offer when I go due to there being a Christmas version out but for now here are the ones I’d like to try;

01. Alien Mochi
02. Ukiwah Shrimp Bun
03. Gyoza Sausage Bun
04.Happy Friends Cakes - Not sure if this is available still but when I made the notes it looked amazing
05. Chandu Tail
06. DeepSea Pineapple Drink – Not sure if this is available still but when I made the notes it looked amazing
07. Tiramisu Ice Cream Bar – To be eaten in either Tokyo Disney Sea or Disneyland
08. Mickey Ice Bar – To be eaten in either Tokyo Disney Sea or Disneyland
09. Minnie Ice Bar – To be eaten in either Tokyo Disney Sea or Disneyland
10. Blueberry Popcorn
11. Green Apple Soft Drink - New for the Anniversary
12. Grapefruit and Lemon Jelly Cocktail - New for the Anniversary
13. Souvenir Minnie's Chocolate Sweet Case - New for the Anniversary

I’ve worked out that trying most of these will cost me 3610 yen which is about £25 which isn’t too bad considering how many are on my list. I said to Joel I would pay for all the snacks and we can share them together as I don’t expect him to pay for these only his main meal and breakfast.

I plan on trying to do a vlog of all the snacks I try in the parks which will be something completely new to me as I’ve never done a vlog before but its something I would like to try and do. I will still be taking photos and writing them up on my blog but that it is even if I post the footage anyways.

Main Meal:
With both days in the parks being so snack heavy I think I’ll only end up having one main meal a day whether Joel decides to have lunch and tea that’s totally up to him, but I definitely won’t be with all the snacks I plan on making my way through.

Where we eat on the day will be a complete surprise to me but rather than us get there and spend so much time fathing about trying to choose somewhere I have chosen a few restaurants in advance which I will show to Joel before we go.

01. Cape Cod Cook Off – Duffy/Friends restaurant that sells burgers and fries – Set Menu 1300 Yen
02. New York Deli – Ranges of sandwiches with sides – Set Menu 1300 Yen
03. Miguels El Doado – Mexican food – Set Menu 1180 Yen
04. Kasbuba Food Court – Indian Food – Set Menu 800 to 900 Yen

I’ve tried to go for restaurants that offer a set menu making food at the parks cheaper but a range of options depending on what we feel like on the day. For breakfast I plan on just popping to the bakery to pick up a pastry as they have a range of ones that are different to anything in the UK.

Rides:
I absolutely love rides so finally coming to a new park and being able to experience something new is going to be amazing. Until we get to the parks on the actual day I’m not 100% sure how busy its going to be and how this could affect the rides. But I have narrowed my choices down to four that I would like to try and then any others would be a bonus.

My choices have been based on rides that are unique to the park, as in my own opinion there is no point going somewhere and riding something that I can ride in Disneyland Paris especially when I have limited time in the parks. Out of the four rides the main one I want to do first and make sure I do is they’re version of Tower of Terror because it’s my favourite ride but also it has a different story to all the other ones in the Disney Parks.

01. Tower of Terror
02. Toy Story Mania
03. Journey to the Centre of the Earth
04. Nemo and Friends Sea Rider

Funnily enough three out of the four rides are the most popular ones in the whole park and require fast passes so the plan is I’m getting my fast pass for Tower of Terror and hope that when I’m able to get my next one some of the other rides have some left as its meant to be a quiet day but who knows what I’ll get on and what I won’t.

Shows and Parades:
So there are usually a lot of different shows and parades going on at the both of the Disney Parks but because we are limited with time I won't be able to explore them all.

01. Happiest Celebration on the Sea - This is new for the 35th Anniversary and will replace the current show being performed on the Mediterranean Harbour. It will feature a variety of characters in cute new outfits sailing on water in the harbour. I'm super excited to see one of these shows because from what I've seen of previous shows it looks amazing.

02. Brand New Dream - Another new show for the 35th Anniversary but this one is Fireworks and that's all I really know at the moment but Disney sure do know how to put on a show.

03. Fantasmic - This show has been at Tokyo DisneySea for as long as I can remember and from the short clips I've seen it looks incredible. Its a show that is done on the harbour water with lights, characters, fireworks and different clips from Disney Movies making it even more magical. Hopefully this will still be on during the 35th Anniversary but I'm not 100% sure at the moment if it will be.

Character Meets:
I adore character meets and they are so much fun if you put the effort in to interact with the characters but in Tokyo Disney Resort they do there meet and greets slightly different, they don’t actually line up and wait like you do in most parks you actually surround the character in a circle and the CM will choose whether you are lucky enough to join them for a photo. Some of the meets do have waiting lines but most of the time its pot luck.

Therefore, I’ve chosen characters that are rarer to the other parks around the world and I will only go and join the circles for that reason. There is one or two characters that I haven’t met in Disneyland Paris yet or are my favourites who I wouldn’t mind trying to meet but I won’t be wasting too much time character meeting with the limited time in the parks and the choosing system being so different.

01. Bianca and Bernard – These two sweet mice are from such an underrated movie and one of my favourites growing up. As soon as I found out they met regularly in Disney Sea they were right on my list as they are so rare in the other parks.

02. Minnie Mouse - I really want to meet Minnie in Tokyo Disney Sea because she has the cutest outfit that is unique to the parks and so kawaii.

03. Chip and Dale – Anyone who knows me knows these two cheeky chaps are my favourite and may be on my list but unless they’re in some cute outfit then I probably won’t meet with them sorry boys.

04. Duffy or Friends – I love Duffy and his friends, and I love the fact that they’re always adding to his gang. It would be amazing to meet them especially as I missed the chance at Disneyland Paris and now they are being withdrawn from the parks to be more focused on only the Asian parks.

05. Aristocats – These little kittens are favourite, and it is a goal of mine to meet the trio together or at least the other two by they’re selves. I was lucky enough to meet Marie in Disneyland Paris back in 2015 which made me so happy so to finally meet the others would be amazing.

So, there you have it my plans for my day at Tokyo DisneySea and a brief overview. I’m so excited to finally get there and visit the parks its been a dream for so long. Have you been to the parks before? And have any tips? Then I’d love to speak with you so please feel to comment, tweet me or head over to my Instagram!

 222 Days To Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment